THE ENTREPARTNERS' ADVOCATE
Last updated: April 10, 2017
Personal Information We May Collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
• Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
• Telephone number
• Email address
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you send an email through the site or subscribe to our podcast or schedule an appointment.
• From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
• To send you updates and mailings relating to services or events that we think may be of interest to you.
• To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you, if you contact us through the Services.
• To send administrative information, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To provide services, including the provision of seminars and other events.
• To allow you to send Services-related content to a friend through the Services. By using this method, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address.
• For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
• To our third-party service providers that provide services such as website hosting, Services-related consulting and monitoring, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
• To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
• By you on services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, for example, our Facebook Page). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to us, to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
• As we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
• Browser and device information
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
• Demographic information and other information provided by you
• Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device: Most browsers and devices collect certain information automatically, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
• Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
• IP Address: As part of standard practice for most websites you visit, your "IP Address" is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Whenever a user accesses the Services, an IP Address, the time of visit, and the page(s) visited may be logged automatically in our server log files. We use IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Services, help diagnose server problems, and administer the Services.
• From you: Your location, as well as other information such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
• By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services, (for example, we may aggregated Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in "How We May Collect Other Information" section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We are not responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any app, social media platform, or wireless service provider, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with this site or our Facebook Page.
We do our best to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, if you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us going forward, please feel free to opt-out of receiving these messages. You may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in any such message or you can contact us by email and we will do our best to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
You may ask to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us. As well, you have the right to object to our use or processing of such Personal Information. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify the Personal Information you would like to change, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise inform us of the limitations you wish to put on our use of the Personal Information you have previously provided us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we engage service providers. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
Please not disclose or send us any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, credit card or other payment card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise. If you are scheduling an appointment on the website through a third-party provider, please note that that third-party provider’s privacy policies apply to the information you disclose to them.
• The Entrepartners’ Advocate
• P.O. Box 306
San Clemente, CA 92674
Again, please note that email communications are not always secure; do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your email.